A rapid assessment was undertaken in 4 Uganda Orthodox Church Medical Bureau Health Facilities from 26th to 30th June 2017. The main purpose was to engage staff, management committees and some beneficiaries in a participatory manner in order to identify, design and deliver appropriate support, capacity strengthening and building strong relationships. The Quality Improvement tool was used to gather the required information.
The assessment focused on the following areas;
- Leadership and Governance
- Human Resource management
- Finance Resource management
- Medicines and health supplies management
- Medical records
The assessment took a period of 5 days starting 26th June to 30th June 2017 and the following health facilities were visited;
- Panteleimon Health Centre Monde – Luwero District
- Nectarios Health Centre Akonyibedo – Gulu District
- Mpigi Orthodox Health Centre – Mpigi District
- Anastasia Mwebaza Health Centre – Wakiso Town Council.
The assessment team comprised of the Human Resource Advisor, Finance Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, Medicines Management Supervisor and the Driver.